- Building N0:11
- Historic Use: Gas Station
- Proposed Use: Commercial
- Built: 1936
- Square ft: 1,325
|Service structure supplementing functions of the post-exchange. Building reflects begining of shift in military design paradigm away from expensive “historic” styles of late 19th & early 20th centuries & toward more economical, simple modernist designs.
|1 story rectangular bldg w/4 gables on Magruder Rd. Porte-cochere on W side w/gas pumps on island btwn the columns supporting roof. In 1939, addition (14′ x 6′) was constructed. Walls are brick every 6th course in headers except for gables which were done in wood frame and clapboard. 6/6 DH windows.
Report, Photos, and Floor Plans