- Building 12
- Historic Use: Commander’s Quarter
- Proposed:Use Residential
- Square ft: 10,724
|Commanding Officers’ Quarters 12, is one of the 110 significant structures that reflect the history of the military reservation. The 1896 master plan for post -development described line of officers’ quarters along Hartshorne Dr. Built from Quartermaster General’s Office standardized military housing plan-most likely #108 (ca.1896).
|2 1/2 story L-shaped brick Georgian Style building w/front porch. Rusticated ashlar granite foundation w/limestone water table. Thin mortar joint buff-colored brick walls. 6/6 d.h. windows with sills w/ hidden steel lintels. 3 dormer w/triangular and elliptical pediments on gabled asphalt roof.
Report, Photos, and Floor Plans